Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3 ways to learn.

Before I started this blog I had no idea about how to do this and what possibly I can learn from it. Well, I already learned a lot, creating this blog including.
After reading 3 chapters in "Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts" I gained an idea about what I could learn from blogs in my future teaching. Furthermore, I realized that my students could also learn from blogging if I decided to use it as a teaching tool. I am exited to discover more about blogging as I go and I'm sure these days I could even learn from my students( since kids start blogging at age 6).
Before I use it in a classroom I would like to gain more confidence and knowledge by being part of teachers community that are familiar with this subject. I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who has questions, who doesn't know much and wants to learn more about using blogs in English language teaching.

Through blogging I could ask questions about teaching abroad and using blogs in a country I'm interested in going to. Blog would be a space where I can learn about methods of teaching English abroad and stay in touch with teachers I met here, in United Stats. Also I could share my experience of teaching abroad with those who wants to do the same thing. I think blogging could also help me in critical reading and writhing because as a not native speaker I look for opportunities to develop my L2 acquisition.

Do you have any good or bad experience with blogging? Please, share:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ania, English is also my second lanauge, and I agree with you that blogging can not only share our ideas with people but also help us practice English more.:3
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ania,
    I agree with your ideas and uses of the blog. The blog will become an important tool for all parties involved in learning. One idea I thought of when reading your blog is, that your fellow colleagues you keep in touch with you could invite them to talk/blog with your students. In doing this, it will give you an edge on others by allowing your students to interact with more than yourself and also with instructors who are both proficient in instructing English.

    Thanks for the blog,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete