Friday, November 5, 2010

More fun in a classroom.

            More and more I am impressed  with what technology has to offer in terms of making teaching and learning more effective and enjoyable. When I go back to the time when I was learning English I remember a text book and grammar exercises, that is all. Today, thanks to technology, learning can be so much more divers, creative and moreover, effective.


   For example, I was planing a lesson that would create an opportunity to use a food and kitchen vocabulary and to teach adverbs of sequence( first, next, then, finally).I was thinking about creating a class cook book with the recipes of my students's favorite food.
http://www.pimpampum.net/bookr/index.php would be ideal to do so and to add pictures of the dishes. Thanks to Flickr, students would be able to find a pictures of the food from their home countries. This would be picture of my favorite polish food- pierogi.

1 comment: